Lunar Eclipse Photos – Feb 20, 2008 – Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Here’s your first glance at a photo taken 10:17:04 PM EST from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada!
The sky was clear, the weather crisp, and my camera is cold to the touch, but what a wonderful experience to share with my wife.
Also, Saturn is in the lower left, but did anyone else pick up that blue distortion in the lower right? It’s in several of my photos…
Here’s the trick to taking a great photo of the moon with a digital camera:
- “Tv” (Shutter Speed priority) of 1/60
- ISO 100 (for better sensitivity to light)
- Manual focus to infinity
- A good and sturdy base to cradle at the desired angle
- Only use optical zoom, not the digital zoom.
- Use 2 or 10 second delay (to remove the vibration from the motion of pressing the shutter button).
Full Picture Here –> Lunar Eclipse – Feb 20, 2008 – Full Size